Professional Placement Network
The Professional Placement Network (PPN) is a CareerSource South Florida program designed to transition the professional jobseeker back into the workforce or to a meaningful career change. Its goal is to do so in a manner that satisfies each individual’s goals for gainful and satisfying employment.
The core service of PPN is the Self-Directed Career Transition Program, a half day seminar/workshop held at select CareerSource South Florida Career Centers throughout Miami-Dade County.
The seminar is facilitated by career service professionals who present participants with a complete blueprint for conducting a successful job search. Through classroom discussion and stimulating lectures, PPN members acquire valuable tools for their individual career transitions in the following modules:
• Labor market trends in South Florida with snapshots of leading public and private companies in the region
• Discovering how to stand out in the competitive environment of the Internet job search
• Reality checks on 20 reasons why your resume is rejected
• Creating a convincing cover letter
• Developing your 30 second personal “infomercial”
• Finetuning and practicing your interviewing skills
• Using networking to your full advantage
The PPN also offers its members access to:
• center facilities, fax, phone, copiers, computers and labor market information
• Job lead exchanges, new job announcements and referrals
• Career counseling and coaching